Team USA Closes Successful Pan Am Junior Championships
Team USA wrapped up a successful showing at the 2023 Pan Am Junior Championships in Lima, Peru. Competition lasted from July 13-15 for the Team Event and July 17-21 for the Individual Event. With 57 U.S. athletes participating in both events, Team USA won 16 gold, 16 silver and 21 bronze medals in the Individual Event.
- Team Threepeat: Team USA won gold in the team event for the third consecutive year. Athletes in the team event included: Arthur Lee, Samuel W. Li, Ryan Ma, Garret Tan, Ella Lin, Joline Siu, Chloe Ho and Veronica Yang.
- Double Gold: Ryan Ma and Veronica Yang won the U-19 men’s singles and women’s singles events, respectively. They also combined efforts to take home the gold in the mixed doubles event.
- Clean Sweep: Two U.S. athletes swept the podium in their events:
- Rithik Rasamsetti swept the men’s U-13 events with gold in singles, mixed doubles (with partner Tvisha Modi) and men’s doubles (with partner Seth Li)
- Micah Henares Cruz swept the women’s U-15 events with gold in singles, mixed doubles (with partner Shriyans Ankith Bhagavatula) and women’s doubles (with partner (Brianna Yu-Qian Lee)
Team staff for the Team Event included: Head Coach Hendry Winarto, Assistant Coach Charles Gu and Team Manager Esther Lin.
Team staff for the Individual Event included: Head Coach Any Chong, Assistant Coaches Hendry Winarto, Charles Gu, Rong Schafer and Team Manager Esther Lin.