Seeking BWF Level 1 Coach Certification Course Sites
USA Badminton was pleased to offer the first round of in-person courses for the Badminton World Federation Level 1 Coach Certification class in four locations last year. BWF tutor Joann Hughes held the courses at Synergy Badminton Club (Menlo Park, CA), Manhattan Beach Badminton Club (Manhattan Beach, CA), Shannon Pohl Badminton Academy (Vernon Hills, IL), and Club28 (Philadelphia, PA). USAB thanks these four clubs for their generosity and assistance in hosting these courses. USAB Coordinator, Coach Education, Yuko Kawasaki, attended all four courses. Both USAB Chair Ken Wong and USAB CEO Linda French welcomed Joann to the United States in Philadelphia and CEO French was also there to observe the final course in Chicago.
As of today, 32 coaches have completed their coursework and received their BWF Level 1 Coach Certification.
“I am excited to share the information to my future students. After this course, I am more confident in teaching badminton.” – Club28 participant
“The resources provided in this course are absolutely fantastic.” – Synergy participant
“Thankful for the organized effort. Great balanced curriculum and personnel.” – MBBC participant
“The way the sessions are planned and flowed are amazing. We learned most by putting the theory into practice with the help of Joann and Yuko.” – SPBA participant
USA Badminton is looking for additional sites for future in-person BWF courses. Please email Linda French (Linda.French@usabadminton.org). See below for the necessary requirements to host a course.
- Must be a USAB Member Club
- Classroom or other space to set up tables, chairs, and projector for class (enough for 12 people)
- Whiteboard or walls to put up large easel-pad sized Post-it paper (provided by club)
- 20 volunteers to be “students” for course-takers to coach
- Adequate Wi-Fi internet connection
- Wall or screen to project onto
- 3 badminton courts available from 9am – 5pm for four days (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday)