SPORTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY – NOW CLOSED
***USAB IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THESE INTERNSHIPS***
USA Badminton is now accepting applications for internships. This would work well for someone looking to enhance their resume in the world of sports management.
Title: USA Badminton Operations Intern – Remote
Duration: 9-12 months (flexible)
USA Badminton Operations Intern position requires a highly motivated, knowledgeable and dynamic individual whose responsibility is to assist in the day-to-day operations of the office, coordinate volunteers and events, provide administrative services and assist in marketing.
USAB is the National governing body for the Olympic Sport of badminton in the United States. USAB works closely with the U.S. Olympic Committee, the Badminton World Federation and other Badminton National Governing Bodies from around the world. USAB is looking for multiple interns to work with their staff in fulfilling the daily operations of the organization. Applicants do not need to live in Southern California, but must have, and be competent with, using technology to operate and fulfill their assigned duties remotely. If you or someone you might know would like to gain experience in the world of Olympic Sports and sports management please send your resume to Alistair Casey at: Alistair.Casey@usabadminton.org
- Manage and coordinate meetings
- Initiate and coordinate community outreach activities and calendar
- Assist in activities and daily operations
- Provide excellent customer service when applicable
- Assist with marketing i.e. social media
- Attend weekly staff meetingsOther duties as assigned by Chief of Staff
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- Basic technology skills – such as Word, Excel, Email Management (i.e. Outlook, Gmail), PDF, and Videoconferencing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment individually and as a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive, ambition, and motivation for success with an outstanding work ethic
- Present self in professional manner and interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work activities to utilize time efficiently
Student interns may have an opportunity to receive college credit dependent on university undergraduate admissions office requirements for academic credit. USAB will work with student interns to determine if this internship fulfills the university requirements. High school students will be able to receive volunteer hours for community service.