Update to Membership Management System
Dear USAB Members,
We are writing to you to give you three significant updates regarding USAB’s membership management system, SafeSport’s new certification platform and NCSI for background checks.
- Membership Management System: Effective September 1, 2021, USAB no longer uses SimplyCompete for any member management or tournament registration services. USAB is in the process of migrating to a new technology platform and will send an update to members after the Labor Day weekend.
- New SafeSport Certification Platform. Effective immediately, SafeSport training and certificates will now be completed directly through the SafeSport website. Access SafeSport in this link: https://
safesporttrained.org/. See complete website announcement regarding SafeSport update here.
- The U.S. Center for SafeSport (USCSS) has made changes to the SafeSport certification process that affect USA Badminton (USAB) as well as all other National Governing Bodies (NGBs) of the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC). Namely, the USCSS is migrating the certification records of all NGBs, along with the learning management system (LMS) that contains all the SafeSport training courses, to a new technology platform called Absorb. USAB’s SafeSport data has already been migrated.
- What this means for USAB members is that there is now a new way for members to look up their SafeSport certification records as well as take training courses and get certified. Instead of going through the SimplyCompete website, please go directly to safesporttrained.org to review your certification records and take SafeSport training.
- To access the SafeSport system, use your email address (the same one that you used on SimplyCompete) as your “Username” and click “Forgot Password” to set a new password. If you need more help, please view/print this linked document and follow the steps for Option 1. Note that the USCSS help desk number is included in the document: 720.676.6417.
- Once you are logged in, you can view a summary of your course completion records by clicking on “Transcript” from the dropdown menu on the upper right hand corner of the screen. If you have SafeSport questions or need to report any issues with your certification records, you can call the USCSS Help Desk at 720.676.6417.
- NCSI background checks will be done directly through the NCSI website. To complete your background check, please goto the NCSI website at this link – https://usabadminton.