USA Badminton Opens Applications for Internship
USA Badminton is now accepting applications for remote interns. This is an ideal position for those looking to gain experience in the sports world and directly contribute to the growth of badminton in the United States. Interested applicants should send a resume to USA Badminton at ContactUs@usabadminton.org.
Title: USA Badminton Intern – Remote
- 9-12 months (flexible)
The intern will assist the USA Badminton office with all operations including, but not limited to, Juniors, Adults, Elite International Athletes, Para Athletes, coaching certification, membership, social media, communications, and marketing. Examples of responsibilities can include, but are not limited to, providing support around the junior tournament program, managing membership information, developing engaging and exciting content for the website and social media channels, managing international tournament entries, and assisting with event management for the 2022 Junior National Championships.
The position will require heavy work in Excel, data management, and communication with other USA Badminton staff. Attention to detail, a high level of motivation, customer service, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment are essential. Applicants may work remotely but must be competent with the technology needed to fulfill their duties remotely. Hours per week are flexible but 20-30 hours are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in day-to-day operations and development of junior badminton program, including activities related to the 2022 Junior National Championships
- Supporting elite athlete program
- Administrative duties such as membership, tournament entries
- Assisting with marketing and content on the website, social media, and other communications channels
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Education: Enrolled in high school as a junior or senior, enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, or recent college graduate
- Proficient with Microsoft and Google Suite, video conferencing software such as Zoom
- Ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced team environment
- Excellent organizational, communication, and human relation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Sports experience preferred (i.e., active in competitive/intramural sport, badminton experience)
- Flexibility with responsibilities and deadlines
- Ability to problem-solve and learn new software and skills
Student interns may have an opportunity to receive college credit dependent on university undergraduate admissions office requirements for academic credit. USAB will work with student interns to determine if this internship fulfills the university requirements. High school students will be able to receive volunteer hours for community service.