USA BADMINTON SEEKS CANDIDATES FOR OPEN BOARD OF DIRECTORS SEAT
USA Badminton’s (USAB) mission is to foster the growth of badminton in the United States and competitive excellence by U.S. athletes in international and Olympic competition. USAB is headquartered in Anaheim, California, and a member federation of the U.S. Olympic Committee and Badminton World Federation.
USAB is seeking candidates wishing to be considered for election to an Independent Director vacancy on the organization’s Board of Directors. The term runs through 2024, with the opportunity to be elected to a second four-year term. Please note the following relative to service on the Board:
- The Board of Directors shall meet at regularly scheduled meetings at least two (2) times per year, one of which may be held by teleconference.
- Board members pay their own way (travel, lodging, and meals) to attend these meetings.
USAB is accepting applications from all candidates but is looking for individuals with expertise in finance, I.T., Women’s Collegiate, NCAA, diversity, Title 9, and SafeSport.
An Independent Director must be determined to have no material relationship with USAB, either directly or indirectly, through an organization that has a material relationship with USAB. A relationship is considered material if it would interfere with the director’s independent judgment. The Nominating and Governance Committee shall determine a director’s independence after considering all relevant information about that prospective director. A candidate will not be considered independent if, within the past year:
- The potential director was employed by or held any governance position (whether a paid or volunteer position) with USAB, the Badminton World Federation, the Pan American Badminton Confederation, or any other organized Badminton group or entity;
- An immediate family member of the potential director was employed by or held any governance position (whether a paid or volunteer position) with USAB, the World Badminton Federation, the Pan American Badminton Confederation, or any other organized Badminton group or entity;
- The potential director was affiliated with or employed by USAB’s outside auditor or outside counsel;
- An immediate family member of the potential director was affiliated with or employed by USAB’s outside auditor or outside counsel as a partner, principal or manager;
- The potential director was a Badminton coach, umpire, grassroots or affiliated organization member, or a member of the Athletes’ Advisory Council.
- The potential director receives any compensation from USAB, directly or indirectly; or,
- The potential director is an executive officer, controlling shareholder, or partner of a corporation or partnership or other business entity that does business with USAB.
Interested and qualified individuals should submit the following materials to Jenny Chan, Chair of the USAB Nominating and Governance Committee, at ContactUs@usabadminton.org by 9:00 PM PDT on Monday, 6 July to be considered as a candidate:
- Nomination statement (not more than 200 words) summarizing qualifications, motivation and willingness to serve
- Current resume/CV or bio with professional and governance qualifications