USAB Accepting Applications For Board Ethics Chair
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Badminton is currently accepting applications for an open position as the Ethics Chair of the ethics/judicial committee.
Applications can be submitted to the chair of the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received by 11:59 PT on May 19, 2023. Note that current USAB board members are not eligible to serve on the ethics/judicial committee.
The Ethics Chair will lead the Ethics/Judicial Committee in fulfilling their duties as outlined in Section 9.14.d of the USAB Bylaws:
- Develop, and review on an annual basis, a Code of Ethics for the Board, officers, committee and task force members, volunteers, staff, and member organizations for adoption by the Board;
- Generally, administer and oversee compliance with the Code of Ethics
- Review and investigate matters of ethical impropriety and make recommendations on such matters to the Board;
- Review and guide ethical questions presented to it by the Board, officers, committee and task force members, volunteers, staff, and USAB members
- Generally, administer and oversee all administrative grievances and right to participate matters filed with USAB;
- Identify individuals who would be fair and impartial and who would have the qualifications and ability to serve on hearing panels;
- Hear and render a decision, or appoint a panel to hear and render a decision, on grievances and disciplinary matters;
- Perform such other duties as assigned by the Board.
The nominating and governance committee will review all applications and recommend a candidate to the USAB board of directors. The nominating and governance committee is composed of Jenny Chan, Iris Wang, Yvonne Chern and Liz Aronsohn. Additionally, there is an opening on that committee for a 10-year or 10-year plus athlete, which may or may not be filled by the end of the review period.
Applications can be submitted to the chair of the Nominating Committee at email@example.com. All applications must be received by 11:59 PT on May 19, 2023